Equens is a European full service card and payment processor headquartered in Utrecht, Netherlands, with offices in Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Milan, Rome, Helsinki, and London. Equens supports banks, acquirers and payment service providers with retail payment solutions across all channels. Since they do not serve merchants directly, services are white-labelled, allowing clients to respond rapidly while maintaining their brand’s position in the market.
Ximedes developed for Equens an omni-channel retail payment solution. This PSP proposition enables Equens’ customers to become both distributing and collecting PSPs.
The Equens omni-channel retail payment solution is build on a white labeled distributing PSP product from PAY.ON. Ximedes developed the back-end application that adds the functionality required to also offer a collecting PSP Product:
- Storing merchants data and contractdetails, like payment intervals and fees to be withheld
- Reconciliation of the payments that Equens receives from PAY.ON and credit card acquirers
- Storing payments received in a virtual system of ledgers and balances.
- Depending on the details in the merchants contract, the PSP backend does a periodic payout to merchants (SCT )
- For every transfer to a merchant, a report with a detailed description of the transfers, and the the fees withheld is generated.